» Adoption Consciousness Week Celebration
Adoption Consciousness Week Celebration
February 15-23, 2014
On Alternative family Care/Child Placement
1. The theme for 2014 Adoption Consciousness Week Celebration.
For 2014 Adoption Consciousness Week Celebration, the advocacy campaign will focus on the theme, “Legal na Pag-aampon sa Lahat ng Pagkakataon”. Said theme aims to emphasize the legal process of adoption and current situation where orphaned, abandoned or surrendered children are sought for adoption like in situation of disaster, direct placement (parent/s directly give/s up child for adoption to person/s and not through DSWD and the court), and simulation of birth certificate.
2. The objectives for this year’s celebration are as follows:
- To disseminate basic information about adoption including the adoption process, requirements, procedures and the benefits and effects of adoption in key areas frequented by the public or through media.
- To educate the public on legal process of adoption that may lead to applications for domestic adoption or inquiries on adoption and other alternative family care.
- To respond to public inquiries on adoption and other alternative forms of family care.
3. The proposed activities for 2014 Adoption Consciousness Week Celebration.
- Setting of Adoption Help Desks in SM and Ayala malls (SM City Manila, Sta. Mesa, Fairview, Megamall, Marikina, North EDSA, Bicutan, South Mall, Greenbelt, Market Market and Greenbelt) on February 15-16, 22-23, 2014.
- Conduct of publicity and advocacy through TV/radio guestings and issuance of press releases.
- Airing of an adoption story in one of the TV programs (e.g. in Metro Manila, the National Organizing Committee (NOC) proposed to feature a story in “Wagas” in QTV Channel 11).
- Hanging of advocacy streamers and tarpaulins such as at MMDA Pahayagan, MRT/LRT stations, Quezon City Circle and Mabuhay Rotonda.
- Launching of Adoption Dashboard and photo exhibit on February 18, 2014, 2:00pm at SM Manila. Likewise, adoptive parents will be invited to share their stories/testimonial and media people to participate in the said event. The National Organizing Committee will be present in the event.
- Plugging of the Adoption Consciousness Week through LED Monitor along EDSA in partnership with Philippine Information Agency.
- Adoption Forum on the professional practice of social work on adoption in different settings on February 20, 2014.