» Adoption Consciousness Week Celebration
Adoption Consciousness Week Celebration
“Pagmamahal Palaganapin, Legal na Pag-aampon Ating Gawin!”
(Spread Unconditional Love through Legal Adoption)
Adoption Consciousness Week Celebration 2018
What is the Presidential Proclamation that mandates the annual observance of Adoption Consciousness?
Proclamation No. 72 signed on February 3, 1999 by the former Hon. President Ejercito Estrada mandates the observance of Adoption Consciousness Day to call for public attention and ensure nationwide awareness on legal adoption of surrendered, orphaned, abandoned, and neglected Filipino children in need of permanent home.
Date and Theme for 2018 Adoption Consciousness Celebration:
The annual celebration will be held from February 10-18, 2018 with the theme: Pagmamahal Palaganapin, Legal na Pag-aampon Ating Gawin! (Spread Unconditional Love through Legal Adoption). The theme promotes the legal adoption as an expression of unconditional love and support to abandoned, neglected and surrendered children. It also calls for actions to the public to do the legal adoption process and encourages the families with children directly entrusted to them to legalize the adoption of the said child.
Objectives for this year’s celebration are as follows:
- To disseminate basic information about legal adoption including the adoption process, documentary requirements, procedures and the benefits and effects of adoption to the public.
- To educate the public on the legal process of adoption that may lead to applicants for domestic adoptions or inquiries on adoption and other forms of alternative family care.
- To respond to inquiries of the public on adoption and other forms of alternative family care thru Adoption Help Desks.
- To provide program orientation on adoption and foster care laws and guidelines to the officials and staff of DILG.
- To gather the adoptive families of Kaisahang Buhay Foundation (KBF), NORFIL Foundation, Inc. and Field Office NCR, IV-CALABARZON and IV-MIMAROPA and initiate organizing an interregional support group and network of adoptive families.
Activities for 2018 Adoption Consciousness Celebration
- Gathering of Adoptive Families from Kaisahang Buhay Foundation (KBF), NORFIL Foundation, Inc. and Field Offices (FOs) NCR and IV-CALABARZON and Press Conference at SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City as a kick-off activity on February 10, 2018. The activity will start with a parade/Walk for Adoption along the North Fountain, SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City, followed by a programme featuring the talents of adopted children. The Programme will be followed with a Press Conference with DSWD Undersecretary and Officer In-Charge Emmanuel A, Leyco, Senator Grace Poe, and an adoptive family as panelists.
- Setting up of Adoption Help Desks with partner malls such as Ayala Malls, Festival Mall and selected SM Malls (50 malls) nationwide on February 17-18, 2018.
- Setting up of Adoption Help Desks in DSWD Central Office and other partner government agencies such as Department of Education on the following dates:
|National Government Agency
||Date of Setting up of Adoption Help Desk
|Department of Education
||January 30, 2018
||DepEd Main Office, Pasig City
|Department of Social Welfare and Development
||February 12-15, 2018
||DSWD New Lobby, Quezon City
- Conduct of publicity and advocacy in media such as TV/radio guesting, press releases and editorials to feature successful adoption stories. Resource persons are adoptive parents, adoptees as well as adoption experts.
- Display of adoption theme on selected digital boards at MRT Stations and selected Mercury Drug.
- Hanging of tarpaulins at MMDA Pahayagan, DSWD, DOH, DILG and DepEd for the whole month of February.
- Use of social media thru hash tag #adoptionislove and #legaladoption; use of Adoption Consciousness Celebration 2018’s logo as a Facebook temporary profile picture.