Most Frequently Asked Questions
RA 9523 (CDCLAA)
1. Does relative adoption is required for issuance of Certification Declaring a Child Legally Available for Adoption (CDCLAA)?
- No, per Republic Act 9523, issuance of CDCLAA is not required for those adoption of an illegitimate child by any of his/her biological parent; adoption of a child by his/her step-parent; and adoption of a child by a relative within the fourth (4th) degree of consanguinity or affinity.
2. Is there a processing fee for the issuance of CDCLAA?
- No, the services of DSWD for the issuance of CDCLAA is free.
3. Who are eligible for issuance of Certification Declaring a Child legally Available for Adoption?
- Those who are surrendered, abandoned, foundling, neglected, and dependent children can be issued a CDCLAA either in a domestic or in an intercountry adoption proceeding.
4. The prospective adoptive parents will have to get the services of the lawyer in processing the issuance of CDCLAA?
- No, the processing of CDCLAA is purely administratively in nature, hence no need for the service of the lawyer.
5. How long is the processing time for issuance of CDCLAA, per Republic Act 9523?
- For abandoned cases, the turn-around period is 22 working days while for surrendered cases is 17 working days.