- The child has been living with the person or persons who simulated her or his birth record for at least 3 years before the effectivity of this law;
- The simulation was made for the best interest of the child;
- Such child has been consistently considered and treated by the person or persons who simulated such birth as her, his or their own daughter or son;
- A Certification Declaring A Child Legally Available for Adoption (CDCLAA) is issued by the DSWD in favor of such child (except if the adoptee is an adult or a relative of the adopter within 4th degree)
- Adopters must be a Filipino citizen, of legal age, possess full civil capacity and legal rights, of good moral character, not convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude; emotionally and psychologically capable of caring for children and in a position to support and care for the child in keeping with the means of the family.